Please help attract our new minister!
As you probably know, your Ministerial Search Committee is working hard to attract the right minister to FUUSN. As part of that search process they need to learn what you want in a minister and what unwritten rules in our congregational culture a minister might have to contend with.
We are facilitating Listening Circles in October to gather this information and we need to hear from you! It’s a competitive market for settled ministers. Participation rates in our Listening Circles are one of the many things the ministers FUUSN is trying to attract will be studying.
Please sign up for one of the circles noted below by emailing Barbara Bates at B.L.Bates@rcn.com with your choice.
Participation will be limited to 10 people per circle so sign up soon.
Childcare will be provided – please let us know if you need it.
Please note that these sessions are available to all FUUSN members and friends. If you would prefer to participate in a group limited to folks from non-dominant identities, please email Barbara Bates at B.L.Bates@rcn.com or Cindy Orrell at Cindy.Orrell@gmail.com by October 9 (Monday) and we will get back to you about the possibility of participating in a group tailored to your identity.
Scheduled Listening Circles (sign up for one):
- October 5 from 7-8 PM Zoom
- Oct 8 after Sunday Services Alliance Room (11:30 AM -12:30 PM)
- Oct 8 after Sunday Services Children’s Chapel (11:30 AM -12:30 PM)
- Oct 8 after Sunday Services via Zoom (11:30 AM -12:30 PM)
- Oct 15 after Sunday Services Alliance Room (11:30 AM -12:30 PM)
- Oct 15 after Sunday Services Children’s Chapel (11:30 AM -12:30 PM)
- Oct 15 after Sunday Services via Zoom (11:30 AM -12:30 PM)
- Oct 14-15 at Ferry Beach – options to be arranged at Ferry BeachWe will be asking you two questions and wanted to give you time to collect your thoughts. The two questions are:
- Imagine you are looking back over our first year with our new minister — What will we have achieved together that will make you say you’re glad the new minister(s) is here for you personally and for the congregation? (In other words: After our new minister(s) has been with us a year, if you were to review that year, what would be your measures of success for you personally and for the congregation?)
- What should the new minister(s) know about the congregational culture? (in other words: What are the unwritten/unspoken rules you had to learn when you first attended FUUSN?)
If you have any questions, please ask us!
— Your Ministerial Search Committee (email us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Erin O’Donnell, chair, Barbara Bates, Eric Haas, Julia Huston, Melissa Kogut, Eric Moore, Cindy Orrell