The First Unitarian Universalist Society in Newton (FUUSN) knows that accessibility is critical to the dignity of our users. We are committed to accessibility in our services and events as well as online. This accessibility policy summarizes our practices to ensure that all individuals, including persons with disabilities, have access to information and services on our website. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any questions about our policies or need assistance accessing any resources.
FUUSN aims to meet the following accessibility standards: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 AA to ensure our digital offerings are ADA Compliant.
Some ways that FUUSN meets these standards include:
- We maintain a consistent and predictable layout throughout our website
- We ensure that all text to background color contrast meets a 4.5:1 ratio
- Main images are also assigned descriptive alt-text
- Our website is navigable by keyboard only, not requiring a mouse
- We use a focus indicator to highlight interactive elements on our website
- We include a skip navigation link on all pages of our website
In addition, we continually review our website and social media channels to ensure we adhere to best practices in web accessibility.
To ensure that fusn.org/fuusn.org is accessible, we have taken the following steps:
- We retain a third-party, independent web accessibility specialist to audit our digital offerings (website, documents, app) and to advise us on best practices in web accessibility
- We invite feedback from all website users to improve accessibility
Through our good faith commitment to accessibility, we believe we meet the digital accessibility requirements imposed by Title I, II, & III of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Sections 504 and 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
FUUSN is committed to accessibility in our on-site programming and online. If you know of a way we can improve, we’d appreciate your suggestions. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.