Rental Standard Terms and Conditions
This Agreement shall include the following terms and
- User agrees to exercise due care and to take all necessary precautions to assure the safety of attendees at the Function as well as all other persons on-site at FUUSN’s property. User agrees to exercise due care and to take all necessary precautions to protect FUUSN’s property from damage.
- At the conclusion of the Function, User shall take all steps to secure and lock FUUSN’s building. User’s representative shall remain present until all attendees, volunteers, and other parties present for the Function have departed from the property. This paragraph shall not apply to those Functions that take place if the building is unlocked for FUUSN’s own activities or those of the on-site preschool.
- User shall provide FUUSN with the name and telephone number of an emergency contact who will be available during all times relevant to the Function, including set-up and clean-up.
- FUUSN shall provide User with the name and telephone number of an emergency contact who will be available during all times relevant to the Function, including set-up and clean-up.
- User is responsible for all keys issued to it. Keys may not be duplicated nor given to anyone else. User shall return the original key(s) to the FUUSN office within three days following the final date of the Function.
- While conducting the Function, including set-up and clean-up, at FUUSN’s property, User shall act in compliance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws, ordinances and regulations. User shall be responsible for compliance of its officers, agents, volunteers, contractors, sub-contractors, attendees and participants. User’s obligations under this paragraph shall include, without limitation, securing all necessary permits and licenses required by the City of Newton to carry out the Function.
- User shall neither assign nor sub-license the Facilities and shall not permit anyone else to use or occupy the Facilities.
- The Facilities do not include parking, and User shall have no right to park vehicles at FUUSN’s property.
- User may use chairs and pews located within the Facilities. However, User shall not use FUUSN’s mechanical, electronic equipment or musical instruments, including without limitation microphone(s)/amplification system, dishwasher, and piano(s), unless expressly allowed in the applicable provision above.
- User is and shall be fully responsible and liable for any and all damages to FUUSN’s property and agrees to reimburse FUUSN for any and all damages, destruction, defacement, loss of property and FUUSN’s costs to repair, restore, replace, treat or to remediate beyond that arising from normal wear and tear during the time covered by this Agreement to the extent that such damage, destruction, defacement or loss of property is caused by the User’s officers, agents, volunteers, contractors, sub-contractors, attendees or participants. User’s responsibilities and liabilities under the prior sentence shall include and extend to damages to property of FUUSN’s tenants, members, and any other persons who are lawfully on FUUSN’s property.
- The security deposit shall be applied to reimburse FUUSN for loss, damage, or destruction of FUUSN’s property, or property of members of the FUUSN community or of other on-site users, for the cost of repairs, restoration, treatment for any pest infestation, remediation efforts, or excessive (beyond ordinary, expected levels) cleaning resulting from User’s use and occupancy of FUUSN’s property or for any unpaid fees due to FUUSN under this Agreement or any other debt owed by User to FUUSN, provided however, that FUUSN’s retention of the security deposit in partial satisfaction of a loss shall not be construed to release User from liability for the remaining loss.
- FUUSN shall have no liability whatsoever to the User by reason of fire, theft, vandalism, or otherwise as a result of the activities covered by this Agreement. The User hereby RELEASES and discharges the First Unitarian Universalist Society in Newton, its officers, employees and members of and from any and all claims for property damage or personal injury that may result directly or indirectly from the negligent acts or omissions of User, its agents, volunteers, contractors, sub-contractors, attendees or participants. User agrees to protect and defend the First Unitarian Universalist Society in Newton, its officers, employees, and members against any claim for damages, compensation, or otherwise resulting from or to result from, in whole or in part, activities undertaken by User, its agents, volunteers, contractors, sub-contractors, attendees or participants and to INDEMNIFY, reimburse or make good to the First Unitarian Universalist Society in Newton, its officers, employees and members, any loss, damage, or cost, including attorneys fees, the First Unitarian Universalist Society in Newton, its officers, employees and members may have to pay if any claim arises from any act or omission related to any undertaken or to be undertaken by the User, its agents, volunteers, contractors, sub-contractors, attendees or participants, regardless of whether such claim is caused by any act or omission of the party indemnified hereunder.