I am writing this from Logan, a little too early in the morning, on my way to Spokane for General Assembly. This year’s GA is entitled The Power of We:
“In a time of great challenge and heartbreak in our world, what does our faith demand from us? At this year’s General Assembly we will explore the power, possibility, purpose, struggle and joy of finding the path forward together as Unitarian Universalists.”
Last year at GA I was ridiculously busy (conducting the GA Choir), and I’m looking forward to a more relaxed time this year. I have a few events planned:
• I’ll sing in the Ministry Days service celebrating ministers who have served for 25 years and 50 years. The speaker representing those 50-year veterans is well-known to us at FUUSN: Rev. John Nichols.
• There are several workshops to attend, including one in Congregational Singing, and one by the Commission on Institutional Change.
• The morning worship services are always a high point for me.
• I will be at the Thursday poster sessions, promoting the Music Leadership Certification Program, and that evening I’ll call forth two of our graduates in the Service of the Living Tradition.
• I will hope to spend a little time with other FUUSNites who are attending, and I may even venture outside (!).
As always, you can participate in GA – much of it is live-streamed. You can find information about that on the UUA website (https://www.uua.org/ga/off-site/2019)
– Anne Watson Born