FUUSN Music Ensembles are open to all – check us out!
Yo-Yo Ma, cellist: “I think one of the great things about being a musician is that you never stop learning.”
Peter Sellars, theater producer: “Vocal music is an attempt to take the whole human being and project it into space. It is the ultimate gesture of getting out of yourself. You take a part of you that is most private, most personal, most inward, and you hurl it out into space—you project it as far as you can. That gesture of opening this whole region of the body results in an enormous spiritual release, and is felt by other people with tremendous impact.”
There are many opportunities to participate in FUUSN’s music program:
• Sing with the Sanctuary Choir, either as a “regular” or for our special events. Rehearsals are on Wednesdays (7:30-9:00 pm) and Sundays (9:00-10:00 am).
• Sing with your children in the Family Choir (starting up soon!); rehearsals are on some Sundays from 11:30-12 noon.
• Play in our intergenerational orchestra in December and April. We will rehearse on these Sundays from 11:45 am-1:00 pm: December 2, 9 and 16.
• Play with our Band; rehearsals are usually on Sunday mornings before the service.
• Play our chimes before or after a service.
• Dance with our liturgical dance troupe, CreationDance (email firstname.lastname@example.org).
• Play with our Flute Choir (email email@example.com).
• We are also always looking for soloists, duets, trios, etc. – please let Anne Watson Born know if you’d like to play in a service.
You can read about our ensembles and see some of our upcoming events on the Music page of the FUUSN website (http://fusn.org/music/). Along with participating in our communal worship each week, we’re looking forward to: our upcoming collaboration with the First Parish UU of Arlington musicians; the Family Choir singing in the Christmas Pageant; and the annual FUUSN Musicians Concert in February 2019. Please join us! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. – Anne Watson Born