The musicians of our congregation are sustained by our FUUSN relationships – by helping to lead worship and to be in community with all of you. As always, our worship services will be enlivened by the music of the Family Choir, the Sanctuary Choir, the Flute Choir, our Band, our congregational soloists and songwriters, and by CreationDance. Please know that you are welcome to join us – for a few weeks or for the year – as a singer, an instrumentalist, a dancer, or maybe just a tech geek.
Here are some ways to make music at FUUSN:
• Sanctuary Choir – open to all, no experience necessary. We rehearse on Wednesdays, 7:30 – 9:00 pm in the Chapel. We help to lead worship almost every Sunday.
• The BAND, a fearless group willing to play pretty much anything at any time. They play in our services throughout the year and generally rehearse on Sunday mornings at 8:30. The Band also puts together a rocking show for the Annual FUUSN Musicians Concert, held this year on February 9, 2020.
• Music Sunday Choir – open to all, sings twice a year (November 10, 2019 and March 22, 2020). We rehearse the Music Sunday music from 7:30 -8:00 or 8:30 on Wednesdays.
• The FUUSN Family Choir, under the joyful direction of Akela Franklin-Baker, is made up of children and their families, singing and having fun together. The Family Choir rehearses on some Sundays from 11:30 am to noon, and they will sing 3-4 times during the year in the worship service. Email Akela for more information: email@example.com
• Our Flute Choir (who knew there were so many sizes of flutes?!) plays a wide variety of music a few times during the year.
• Other ad hoc ensembles – chamber music groups, low- and high-voice choirs, Instant Choir, etc. If you play an instrument or want to sing a solo, or have a song you’ve written, don’t be shy – we can find a place for you.
Questions? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. -Anne Watson Born